Wednesday, March 29, 2006

April, a Month for Spiritual Retreat


Shaykh Muhammad Jamal al Jerrahi

Last Sunday, we met for Zikr at Muhammad Jamal's. A few days earlier, I sent everyone information on a silent retreat I am planning to attend. The gathering will take place south of Asheville, NC. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that everyone attending Zikr that night had decided to go on this retreat as well. It has been a few years since I have seen Atum, he is one the most respected guides in the Sufi Order and will be leading the retreat. This will be a much needed spiritual break, since I have not been on a silent retreat in over 5 years. I am also very happy that I will be sharing this experience with the other Nashville Sufis. At this point, it looks like 8 of us will be there. It is interesting that a few in our immediate group of friends who are not Sufi initiates, will also be on retreat this month at ISA in Chicago. Half of the group (those who are not Sufi or are now Sufi, but were not previously) have been with ISA (The Institute for Self Actualization) for quite some time. Personally, I have not experienced ISA, but I do recommend it based on the progress I have seen in many of my friends.

1 comment:

Discovery Journeys India said...

Beautifully written. I’m very glad to see your post. Loved it.

Thanks,

Sufi Music